Thursday, May 31, 2007

in the beginning

Once upon a time, I began a blog. That's weird. You know, I have always thought blogging seemed a little self-centered. assuming that someone wants to read your writing? or your personal journal, or whatever your blog is. And I think I still kind of think that. So I don't know what to think about this, my own blog. But I do like reading other people's blogs. So it should follow that maybe others would like to read mine? I don't believe that, so this is a test. That means for me to keep blogging, I need affirmation. In the form of comments. But no anonymous ones. If you comment using the anonymous option, please sign with a name I will recognize.

why do people blog?

I'm doing it cause I can't sleep.

I was listening to Sufjan Stevens earlier and I think I've decided I don't like him. And I think I just alienated a lot of my friends. Or maybe now former friends. But maybe that will get me some comments.

the end.

14 comments:

kalipay said...

wall i'm honored to be yer first commentator, Sally. :)

were you really trying to sleep at 8:39 pm?!

who is he anyway?

oh, and you have your settings set so that anonymous comments aren't allowed. so anyone who wants to leave a comment would have to have a google account, just fyi.

Widsith said...

Hi Sally! Yes, us avid blog readers are out there, eager to add another one to our list! I hope we pass the test! ;)

- Dana

OneoftheServens said...

Keep trying.

Anonymous said...

who is Sufjan Stevens?

I think you should use your blog to keep us updated on DC. for everyone's info, Sally is busy at her first day of work in the Capitol right this moment!

Anonymous said...

I think he's overrated, personally. But I have always wondered if he's the guy they named the drum set after...

Clint said...

^ thoroughly alienated

AWretchLikeMe said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Sally!

Annie said...

I agree with you about Sufjan. And, truly, being alienated from friends isn't as terrible as you might think! We'll have to start a Facebook group - Alienated Friends of Sufjan Fans.

schupack said...

in my defense, it was 11:39 pm when I posted that. I don't know how to change the time.

Thanks, everyone, for your posts.

Sufjan Stevens is a singer. Check him out. I might as well give him some free advertising to balance my criticism.

And I have changed the settings so that anonymous people can post. But I will change it back if it gets abused...

Anonymous said...

My, my! Nine comments on your very first post. Just start ripping a random musician or singer in every post and you'll quickly develop a following.

rachel said...

i love your new blog! i remember sitting in LA class and having to write a journal entry or something. you literally just sat their the WHOLE time and said you had absolutely nothing to write, and here you are *sniff* all growed up and making your own blog!!! keep it up!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how self-centered of you, Sally. You started a blog. I hope Sufjan doesn't read it...

kalipay said...

hey i'm confused. RM has the "schupack" blogger name, right? and yours, Sally, is just that, "sally"?

but whoever "Rachel" is, that comment was great!!! lol!

schupack said...

"schupack" is my sister rachel, "sally" is me, and "rachel" is a friend of mine from waay back. Just ignore her! ;)