My flight is leaving in five hours without me. My russian visa didn't make it on time. As far as I know, my passport is still in the mail somewhere between DC and here in pennsylvania. Tomorrow morning I'm making a lot of calls to try to change my flight dates and still make it to Russia. This involves getting my passport at some point, booking new tickets, buying a new train ticket (losing some or all of the money for the other one), spending less time in Russia, and traveling many hours alone.
Please pray that something will work out. It usually takes 20-50 calls to get through to the Russian embassy. It would be nice to get through more easily tomorrow. Or I could just go back to Norman for the summer. This has probably been the most difficult visa my family has ever had to obtain. I'm ready for the situation to be resolved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
sounds crummy. real crummy.
hope everything works out to get you back to the motherland ASAP.
but, selfishly speaking, norman-town would love to have you around for the summer.
Aw Sally I'm sorry. That's terrible. I'll be praying - something will work out. Rescheduling, and WAITING especially, is torturous. I can't imagine having to do it all through the Russian Embassy! AGH
Sally! I am praying for this to work out in a beautiful, smooth, and stress-free way!
I'm praying too!
Post a Comment